Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year- almost

Deena Kastor, she is a champ- this will be me! Happy New Year one and all!
Who knows if I will be able to wake my self up tomorrow to write and actual new years post, so you are getting it on new years eve. Here are my new years resolutions: eat right, get in shape, and start training for my new favorite day of the year- Patriots day, the day the greatest marathon in the world takes place. And to keep myself accountable, I just might be posting my daily regime on my blog, so if I'm a slacker, scorn me for it. I need to be tough!

Last night I was laying in bed thinking about the marathon and I got really excited, so I excited that I couldn't go to sleep. My adrenaline was rushing and all I could think of was the thrill of the race. Some of you may think that marathon and thrill don't belong in the same sentence, but once you run one, you will know better. Even now, I'm breaking a sweat thinking about the Wellesley girls that you can hear at least a mile away, heart break hill, the cheering crowd, Legal Seafoods, all the people you meet. It is incredible and I can't wait. To start off my training I had to get the shoes of champions. Gold shoes means gold medal right? Anyways, the training has begun so Boston here we come!!! (so clever, I should have written this whole post with a little more of a rhyming flare)

2 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

KATE!!! I LOVE you! It was SO good seein you at the mall.. I love readin and lookin @ your blog. You're SO funny! I need to update mine! GEEZ! HAPPY NEW YEAR!~jobes

JoSue said...

So glad we got to see you guys before we left! Hopefully your Christmas was eventful. Good luck with your training...You'll do awesome!