Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rabbit Fur Coats



So around these parts, fur coats are the in thing to wear, well that and Baby Phat. But when one finally out grows Baby Phat (if ever) they don the ever hideous fur coat. Why I ask, why? Lets be honest, fur coats have a time and a place. So where are fur coats acceptable?

Are they acceptable at my gym? I think not.

There is a women there who wears her full length fur coat to the gym religiously. She walks in covered from head to toe in fur: fur hat, fur coat, and of course fur boots. She goes in the the aerobics room and sits down and starts stretching. Now if this were a real fur coat, do you think she would sit on a dirty hard wood floor. NO. And don't worry, there are others at the gym in fur coats.

Are fur coats acceptable at McDonald's? I hope not.

Do we really need to be working the drive through window with our fur coats on?

I think the one above also goes for any grocery store clerk gathering carts, bagging or stocking the shelves.

Can we wear fur coats to Borders? I guess you are getting warmer, but you're still pretty cool.

How about passing out advertisements for the local fur shop? Okay you are getting warmer.

And finally: If you work in a fur shop, you can wear a fur coat, I suppose -- but only because you got the pro-rate.

So the conclusion I have come to is.....(drum roll please)....... Fur coats--fake or real-- are acceptable:


  • At the fur coat store

  • A gala or ball

  • Dinner with the President of the United States of America

  • Weddings

  • The Oscars

  • a music video with 50 Cent

So there you have it, the do's and don'ts of fur coats.

5 comments:

Paige said...

It may be inappropriate, but I still want one. I'm thinking it would age me though. Like 80 years.

Bill said...

What if your life is a 50 Cent video? Cuz that's how I live, yo! Fur coats 24/7!

Farm Girl said...

I don't get it. Are you saying people SHOULDN'T wear their fur coats to the gym? Why ever not? I wear mine everywhere, the carwash, the laundromat, work, the barn...

Blake and Amy Clayton said...

Funny funny. I totally hear you on that one! We found your blog!!

Bill said...

No one has answered my question. What if your life is a 50 Cent video? Eh?