Friday, May 16, 2008

Good Food Friday

Today we are doing a delicious dessert, Rolo cookies. Above, you'll see the cast of characters, lots of butter, and a package of Rolos (be sure to take off the foil). Bakers beware, if you have sticky hand syndrome, this is not the cookie for you. As much as I love these cookies, I hate making them because I hate rolling cookie dough. But they are worth it.

Rolo Cookies
1 bag of Rolos
1 c butter or margarine
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c cocoa
2 1/2 c flour

Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat. Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour and combine well.
Shape 1 Tblsp dough around an unwrapped Rolo, covering completely. Roll in sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 375 degrees for 7-10 min.

For those of you who liked my apron in the good food friday post from last week you can get them at www.flirtyaprons.com. Here is even better news, there will be a men's line of aprons - coming in June 2008, now you won't have to search high and low for a gift for father's, you can just give him a flirty apron that ties in the front:)

6 comments:

the lunch lady said...

ahh, rolo cookies. life just doesn't get any better.

the lunch lady said...

it's true. I have three and that seems to work pretty good -- they can not only unwrap the rolos, but then they can smoosh the rolos in the dough and roll it around in the sugar. good clean hands for mom.

Clare said...

I have a friend that makes those cookies but uses a devils food cake mix with some butter and eggs? Anyway, she makes them too that way and they're super yummy.

Christa and Rob said...

Wonderful! Now I can pretend I'm sitting in on a lovely plush sofa, staring out of a huge picture window at Lake Michigan and Hyde Park with my friend Kate as I eat multiple rollo cookies all of the way over here in Boston.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

I admit, I like you. I mean you're funny and sassy, but shallowly the main reason I check out your blog is for the recipes. So while I enjoy reading your other stuff, it's things like Rolo cookies that keep me coming back!

Kate said...

Liesl, I'm glad to hear you like my recipe posts! Now the pressure is on to come up with new and yummy food.