Friday, May 30, 2008

Good Food Friday

Today we have the "Big Salad", well that is what we call it (it came from the Nordstrom Cafe and has a real name, but I can't remember it). But this is one tasty salad. So here are all the ingredients.

salad - I like to use spinach, but romaine would be great too.
mushrooms
black beans
tomatoes
cucumber
grilled chicken
cheese, cubed cheddar and provolone/mozzarella/swiss (what ever you want). When I'm lazy, I just cut up a string cheese
and for the dressing..................ranch dressing and KC Masterpiece (barbecue sauce)

I don't mix the dressings together, I just spread some ranch one way the bbq sauce the other. Also you can add other things to your "big Salad" like some edamame, or maybe fresh corn might be good. You get the picture. Bill was skeptical of this salad at first, but now he is a firm believer and requests this meal regularly.

I'd also like to apologize for my lack of posting, but it's called finals, meaning, Bill always has the computer.

7 comments:

Bill said...

She'd also like to thank Bill for the picture, which she rushed because she was hungry, forcing Bill to fix it in Photoshop.

Farm Girl said...

We love Big Salad (though we've never called it that before). In fact, Derek puts BBQ sauce on ALL his salads now.

the lunch lady said...

that is a great salad. we haven't had it for a while. thanks for reminding me about it. Derek really puts BBQ on ALL his salads?

Nanette said...

I'll admit I'm not so sure about the BBQ sauce myself. It looks pretty enough to eat though!
And b.t.w. Elle doesn't get out until June 19th!!!

Kate said...

It's the bbq ranch combo that makes this salad so delightful. And bill did put this combo on all his salads until recently when he discovered cheddar chipotle dressing.

June 19, california schools get out way to late!

Bill said...

It's California, Kate. Are you jealous?

Chelsea and Evan said...

Another great meal that I will have to try!! I am amazed with all of your great recipes..I am coming over to your house for dinner!