Sunday, June 1, 2008

American Girl Store

The other day, my friend Amy and I went downtown to the American Girl Place. We had an excellent time of course, and it's okay if you feel kind of jealous, it's natural.
I grew up with American Girls. I read all the books, and I even have one. Too bad this is booming business, because I don't think my Samantha doll will ever be worth anything. See below for Samantha, the best one they ever created.


Now they've got all sorts of AG, 1970's girl, 1950's girl, 2008 girl, bitty babies, and even BFF's for all the original girls. Anyway, we had a most enjoyable time.

They even have a real hair salon, with real salon chairs and real prices.
Here is the Felicity doll with her BFF Elizabeth. Go ahead, by the collection for $205.
And finally, you can have an American Girl that looks just like you. Don't you think this looks like me? (they had a girl with freckles, but she also had bangs, and....I ain't got no bangs).
So if any of you want to go to the American Girl Place, I'll take you and hopefully we can catch a show in the American Girl Theater, and have brunch in the American Girl Cafe with our American Girl dolls, of course.

7 comments:

Nanette said...

Elle has that doll! We also had the freckle issue--we didn't want bangs either. Now Elle has earrings! Oh well, what do ya do? We love going to the American Girl store too! Instead of paying the $25 for a hairstyle, I bought the $10 hairstyle DVD :)

S said...

I read all the books too, but never got the dolls. I would flip through the cataloge and wish for Felicity's $600 bedroom set (doll included!). Lucky you though!

Amy Gelwix said...

Awesome. I too, had Samantha (and she still exists in a box somewhere with her accessories). All I every wanted was brown hair and brown eyes...

Kate said...

I'm impressed Amy, I always thought people with blond hair blue eyes (do you have blue eyes) wanted everything with blond hair blue eyes. I suppose that is just me. However my dreams of little blond haired blue eyed kids have been dashed since I married gypsy Bill.

Did anyone else cry there eyes out when they read Kirstens Christmas book, where someone died? (I can't remember details, but it was a tear jerker)

Christa and Rob said...

Ok, Samantha was cool but Felicity was the best. She's living in a box in our basement...occasionally I'll go down and visit, see how's she's doing. And I do remember the Kristen Christmas story!! It was sad!!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten`s friend Marta died on this boat ride and I cried so much, that made me really sad because it was so unexpected to me!
Like in the other books, for example Addy had more of elderly people die, that didn`t make it less sad, but I didn`t expect a child to die in Kirsten`s stories!
But the books were interesting and fun either way.

Anonymous said...

Kirsten`s friend Marta died on this boat ride and I cried so much, that made me really sad because it was so unexpected to me!
Like in the other books, for example Addy had more of elderly people die, that didn`t make it less sad, but I didn`t expect a child to die in Kirsten`s stories!
But the books were interesting and fun either way.