Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good Food Friday

Sorry this is late, the library was closed on Friday due to employee training. So today we have the most scrumptious meal of all time. Bill LOVES this and we make it frequently. And this is the one meal he will gladly eat as left overs.
California Chicken Salad:
2 1/2 cups chicken , cooked and cubed
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
3 Tblsp cilantro, chopped
1 Tblsp grated onion (optional)
1/4 tsp chili powder
salt, to taste
rye bread
avocado
lettuce
tomato
alfalfa sprouts
mozzarella cheese

Instructions:
Combine chicken, mayo, cilantro, onion, chili powder and salt.
You can: pile salad on rye bread, top with avocado, lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and mozzarella cheese, as desired.

or you can: eat it plain

or you can: place chicken mixture on tortillas, top with additional toppings, and roll, making a yummy chicken salad wrap.

Just FYI: if you are a Miracle Whip person like myself, don't use Miracle Whip, you must use Mayo. Second, I just cook a bunch a chicken, throw in as much mayo as I need and use whatever bread I have lying around. I like my bread toasted, Bill doesn't. But this is a very tasty summer meal, try it, you'll like it.

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

you stole my recipe! I love that salad. it is one of my go-to dinners.

Kate said...

sorry, I love this so much, I had to use it. And, I thought Mom had this recipe first.....

the lunch lady said...

well if you want to get all technical about it.