Tuesday, June 3, 2008

how to name your kid

I realize that humans are a vain species. We like to see ourselves everywhere. In mirrors, in photos, our names on street signs, vanity plates, and especially in our children. But for some reason, seeing your ears on your child isn't enough. Humans like to pass on everything about themselves especially their names.
Take for instance Dion Sanders, he has a new show on and it is pretty funny. Anyway, his two oldest children are named Diondra and Dion Jr.

I know that Dion isn't the only person that does this. A Chantel might have a baby girl and name her Chantella (I saw this on the news last night)

Others like to combine their names for their children, such as Kristen and Travis would then have a Tristen or Kravis.

So to keep up with the Jone's, Bill and I will be naming all of our children the following:

Billianna
Kill
Batie
Bate
Willarvey (we have to fit in my maiden name some how and just think of it like Willaby from Sense and Sensibility)
Bill Jr.
Kate Jr.
Katrina
Will
and finally
Willthryn


For more ridiculous names see this post by my sister .

5 comments:

Tyler V said...

Hmm, now you've got me thinking. Maybe we should go with the trend (it was quite popular in Utah for a long time, so maybe it we did it we'd fit in better). Tali? Aler? Tylison? Hey, I'm already seeing the potential for this one!

the lunch lady said...

you left out all the middle name possiblities. Henyse. Elry . . .

Keith and Nicci said...

Too funny. I appreciate your post, especially as a former teacher who had to figure those names out while trying not to embarass the poor children who owned them.

Nanette said...

My favorites were "Kill" and "Batie"

The Francis' said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.