Friday, June 6, 2008

Good Food Friday

I'll be honest, I rarely make chocolate chip cookies. For one thing, they usually have too many chocolate chips, also, they never seem to turn out. So instead I make Spicy Pumpkin Cookies.
And what better time to make these scrumptious and nutritious cookies (this might be a stretch, but pumpkin is really good for you). Plus, Bill is in mad finals mode, so he has to get some calories some how.

Spicy Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C white sugar
1 C canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and sugar. Add pumpkin puree, egg, and 1 tsp vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Add dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheets by tablespoon full; flatten slightly.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 min in preheated oven.

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

At last - the recipe for your famous pumpkin cookies!

Kate said...

can you tell I'm not really cooking right now? I'm a total slacker. And I'm sure no one needs my recipe for Special K from a box. What the heck,
pour cereal, add milk to desired level, let soak if you like it soggy, and eat.

JoSue said...

I sure would like one of your cookies right now! Yum! Living in the heat definitely makes more more snacky than usual. I'm always looking for something sweet! You guys taking off soon?

Amy Gelwix said...

Yum. This is why I love your blog. And are you sweatin' it out in Vegas yet?

Kate said...

It is so hot here in Vegas, I am a salt lick. Sick.