Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meet the New Me

Did I mention that I cut my hair? Well I did, I decided it was time for a new me for a new city. It is great to have short hair again.
Anyway, as we drove into this weird city full of weirdos, I've noticed all sorts of weird things. For example in Utah, there are scrapbook stores on every corner, in Chicago, Starbucks are on every corner. Here in Las Vegas besides having nude bars etc all over, there are IHOP's and Denny's everywhere. I guess when the city never sleeps, 24 hour places like Denny's and IHOP thrive.
Also when we moved here, I figured we'd be close enough to everything that I could walk everywhere, you know save gas, thus save money. That lasted about 1 day. I tried that and found myself crawling to the nearest gas station for a Slurpee which promptly melted as soon as I stepped out the door. You can't walk around here, the only walking done is from your car to the air conditioned destination. Needless to say, I can't run here, at 7 AM it is already 89 degrees and so I've resorted to making up water aerobic routines in the pool. Imagine Elaine on Seinfeld dancing, and that is pretty much what I look like in the pool, but it's not a bad workout.
Well, that's all for now, stay tuned for more updates.

13 comments:

vanessa said...

Love the hair. You look great with short hair.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful - love your haircut. We had a family move up here from Arizona last July and were awestruck to see families out during the day at parks in Washington (apparently going outside during daylight in Arizona isn't an option until late September). Remember, the weather is always great here (well, except when it rains so much you run through a foot of water). Maggie

Chelsea and Evan said...

LOVE THE HAIR!!! I cant believe how hot it is! Yikes, I would live by the pool! I guess it is still better then the LONG FREEZING Chicago winters!

JoSue said...

Cute hair! Short hair is a must for hot weather. I went to get my hair cut short before leaving to dallas and ended up cutting barely any off. You're much braver than I am.

Blake + Amy said...

I love your new look! I had fun with you in Chicago last month. Hope Vegas is great.

Erin said...

yeah. 111 degrees sucks.

I'm in Pasasdena. I'll be back in a week...and then we can hang, again.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Way hot hair! And I just wish I could see you doing your Elaine water aerobics. Hilarious!

katherine said...

I LOVE it!

Clare said...

You probably need your hair shorter to keep cool in Vegas. I like cutting my hair off every once in a while. Clint likes it long, but I just tell him he has to deal with it.

Paige said...

Your hair looks adorable. We made your chicken salad the other day and it was great! Thanks for being awesome, Kate.

Kate said...

citymama, how could you desert me, bill told me and I was very disapointed, but I'm sure you are having way more fun than me.
Thanks for all the compliments, you are all toooooooooo nice!!!!!!!!
Clare, Bill likes my hair long too, but I hate it, so I make him deal with it. However, he really likes it short too.
Jo, dont' be a chicken, hair grows, really really fast.
Paige, I'm so glad you loved the recipe, it is a favorite around here!

Nanette said...

You look SO cute! I love the hair! You should hop on over for a visit to a cooler city a little to the west of you!

Jobi Niu said...

Your haircut is so freaking cute! LOVE IT! YOu're a hottie Kate! I can't believe how hot it is... ugh