Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I love swimsuits!

I'm doing a vintage photo day, thanks for the idea Paige. The reason I decided to to this post is because I love swimsuits so so much. I'm always on the look out for the latest and greatest swimsuit. And even though I don't go swimming that often anymore, you should always be prepared, especially when you are expecting a 110 degree day or more for the summer. Did I mention that my reason for my great love of swimsuits? It's because in my youthful days I lived in a swimsuit because: I was on swim team, taught swimming lessons, saved lives everyday as a lifeguard, and last but not least, swimming is just something you do in the summer with your friends. Plus, Layers has a bunch of really cute swimsuits and I want them.In case you were wondering, I'm the one on the far right, the short one, and yes, swimsuits with legs are cool, everybody's wearing them.
Total number of swimsuits I own: around 65, though most of them are not wearable anymore. But I've been holding on to them all these years because one day, I'm going to make an awesome quilt out them.

9 comments:

Nanette said...

If we all had your great body, we'd love swim suits too!
Don't wear your layer's suit with galoshes though. Not attractive.

Kendall said...

Oh Harv/Weav! I miss those good ol' days! Thanks for posting those pics, so many awesome memories! AFFC for life, sucka!

the lunch lady said...

wow. how many lives DID you save?

Clare said...

I have been obsessed with swimming suits lately too. So I was looking at Goodwill (I know, used bottoms, ew) but Target gives Goodwill a lot of their old merchandise and there are brand new swim separates at Goodwill for just a few dollars. Sadly, there are a lot of bottoms and not so many tops, but I think I'm going to buy some anyway and shop at the end of the summer for some cute matching tankini tops.

Keith and Nicci said...

Wow, I have always hated swimsuits, so I respect someone who loves them. Man, 65??? That's just crazy!

JoSue said...

How fun! I love to see pictures from your past. Looks like you had a little tan going on in that first picture. Maybe a summer in Vegas will bring that back. I thought you were going to post a picture of you in your latest swim wear?? :) I just bought a cute suit from Dillard's. The first swim suit I've bought in years! You're crazy with 65. Love it!

Kate said...

let me just clarify, when you swim twice a day, you wear out a TON of swimsuits. So like I said, I could probably only wear a few of them by themselves, the rest would have to be layered (3 or more suits to be modest).
And the galoshes are heinous, but you get the picture.
Oh Kendawg, I miss those good old days. Life was so simple back then, swim, eat, sleep, and swim some more.
And I don't know if I could post a picture of my current swimsuit, I don't look quite the same as I did in high school.

Kate said...

oh yeah, and I saved.....172. just kidding. Mostly I saved the kids of negligent parents who put their kids in the suis with a built in inner tube and let them wonder off to the deep end only to get flipped upside down.
Lots of little feet up in the air.

Paige said...

Swimsuit quilt! I love it!