Monday, December 22, 2008

Love hate relaitonship with Chicago, Part II

shovel, hat
I got this picture from flicker, it isn't of my hood, but it works.


Are we tired of this topic yet? I sure am. But still, it haunts me. This morning, I went out to go to the gym at 6 am - to be at the gym by 6:15. Bill warned me that the car would take a lot of work. So I go out there back up a bit and drive forward. I think I'm good to go, so I turn my wheel to get onto the road, when I get stuck. My tires are spinning and there is a huge wedge of snow/ice touching the undercarriage of my car. I got out of the car and hammered away at the ice with my ice scraper and would then try to weasel my way out. I worked at it for 30 mins, then I gave up. I hate you Chicago. Why can't you salt or plow the roads.....................ever. I guess you just don't care about the southside.
Indoor parking is looking better and better. I'm accepting donations.

P.S. it was -5 out this morning and the doorman said 4 other cars were stuck as well.

7 comments:

Bill said...

Psshh. The care was barely stuck. It only took me two hours, a shovel, and 3 gallons of hot water to get the car out.

the lunch lady said...

poor chicago-ians! that sounds awful. but I hear snow shoveling is very aerobic -- don't worry about going to the gym

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Kate-

The JKR book is okay- completely not HP- but then,it isn't supposed to be. I haven't been able to read the whole thing yet- sounds crazy but we are super busy. My favorite part is Dumbledore's notes. As for a recommended purchase- walmart had them for like 9 dollars- I am going to buy another for the Outpatient because he is a big HP fan. Don't know if that helps, but I just think it is okay- not great.

Kate said...

I sure hope bill got me an ice pick for christmas, I'll keep it in my trunk along with the shovel that was purchased today.

JoSue said...

oh man!! This weather is just crazy. We drove up to Idaho today in the WORST weather ever and I'm not going back because it was too stressful. Don't worry, the big fat storm we just had is headed your way. However, we did say today that we're glad you guys are staying put in Chicago. Hopefully Bill's parents make it out there fine. Stay warm!! I just overnighted an ice pick to you...keep an eye out.

Paige said...

Sounds like you got that workout, gym or no gym. Kate, Chicago is trying to help you.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

This is my third winter in Hyde Park, but my first with a covered parking spot. And I have to say as I watch people spinning in their parking spots and shoveling them out to no avail, it is worth every penny. EVERY penny. I find the winter quite bearable now...as long as every inch of my body is insulated with high tech ski gear.