Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday. I'm old. We celebrated all weekend long. I made a 3 layer cake, bought some candles, and made Bill sing happy birthday to me. I'm so mean. But it was my birthday, so I had a free pass to do what ever I want.
I say birthday weekend because we opened presents on Saturday. You know, finals are coming up, so Bill is busy. But he insisted we celebrate on Saturday. So we woke up on Saturday and opened presents. He gave me a box with air fresheners and lint rollers.
air fresheners + lint rollers = cat
We celebrated on Saturday so I could pick out a cat.
Here he is, his name is Cassius (Caius Cassius Longinus) or just Cass. He is 4 months old and very affectionate. He likes to relax in your arms (see below)
He also has spots on his tummy, like a leopard. Why is it feline? He is definitely a fe-lion.

Thanks for the great surprise, Bill!

13 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! I saw the little birthday reminder on my facebook on Saturday that it was coming up...but I don't check facebook very often and forgot. Sorry. What a great present! I'm a recent cat skeptic turned cat lover.

Whitney said...

Don't tell Brandon, but I love cats! Oh they are my favorite and yours is beautiful! Do you mind if Rachel and I come play with it sometime? p.s. Happy Birthday!

Violet said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Your new kitty is SOOOoooOOOO cute!

acandiedapple said...

How fun! Happy birthday. That is a very attractive cat. And a delicious looking cake.

Paige said...

Aww, Cass is adorable. Happy birthday, Kate!

Kate said...

yeah, I've definitely warmed up to the idea of cats with the help of Elvis, Pal, Teddy and BoBo. And Cass is great, so I hate to say it but......I like cats.
Feel free to come up and meet the cat, and you can have some of my giant cake too.

Jobi Niu said...

KATE!! Happy birthday... I hope it was a good one. I don't love cats, but I'm happy for you, cause you do! :]

Danielle said...

Happy birthday! Congrats on getting a cat! How fun. Are you going to bring him to book group tonight? :)

JoSue said...

he is adorable are you kidding me?? I just got more jealous than I already was. Good thing you got a male. Otherwise you'd probably be dealing with cat babies in the near future. Then you become attached and can't give any of them away. Then you have a whole cat family....it can get complicated.

Kendall said...

He's cute! I like him...it was definitely a hard decision between a cat and a dog for me, but I live on busy road and cats are too adventurous...I'd wake up to a squished kitty. No good. I hope you had a very happy 25th. You'll have to let me know how it is. My birthday's in 6 months!

the lunch lady said...

I love the leopard tummy!

he really is cute.

I can't wait to meet him in person.

S said...

Happy birthday! Cass is very cute. I love that cats are so low maintence. Dogs are so needy.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Very cool cat! His coat is awesome.