Sunday, September 23, 2007

Moving Sucks Part III- the end of the Saga

Well I've put off ending this saga until the last of our furniture arrived. Low and behold, it is here, so moving sucks is officially over, for at least 3 years. Our couches finally arrived on Friday morning, there was nothing happening with orientation so Bill stayed home all day waiting for them. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in to a room full of furniture, it has been a long and arduous 2 weeks sitting on the floor. But what I was really surprised about was the color. For some reason I thought they were going to be more cream colored, but I'm very pleased with their tan color, they look great. Now I just need to go to Pier 1 or somewhere to get some accent pillows etc, and hang the pictures, but now we officially have a home!! So here are the couches, plus the ottoman, and yes Bill is already studying- (these pictures were taken on Saturday, and Bill studied the whole day- school doesn't start until Monday).
As for the next picture, it is 1 gallon of milk from Costco. I made the great journey to Costco and target on Saturday, I had to drive on 3 different freeways to get there, but I made it. My heart was pounding the whole way. But why I posted the milk, well why ask, isn't it weird looking. This is how all Costco milk looks, and they sell it in singles not doubles. Aside from my journey to Costco and Target, I also found a diamond in the rough- Hyde Park Produce. It was wonderful- every kind of fresh produce you can imagine and all of it for cheap- Bok Choy, Leeks, Egg Plant, Rhubarb, bins full of fresh herbs, lots of cheese, fruits I've never heard of - it was heaven. I think I will be making a trip there every week.

7 comments:

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

The milk jug is a better shape because it takes up less room in the refrigerator...Oh, and your sofa is cool too.

Nanette said...

You are all grown up now!Furniture and everything--you even got a couch before we did! I'm so jealous. Chris wonders if you maybe bought a big jug of salad dressing instead of milk ;)

tyler and ali said...

Yeah, it looks like salad dressing. Mmmm ranch dressing...
Hey, thanks for looking us up! It'll be good to stalk you online for the next few years and see how things turn out...Will Bill graduate or fold under the pressure? Will Kate compete in the next Boston Marathon? Will tolls take their toll on them both? Find out in the next amazing adventure of KATE AND BILL!!!
Love you guys!

Kate said...

I hope it isn't salad dressing because I've been pouring it all over my cereal every morning. I think it looks like a bio-hazard storage container.

Farm Girl said...

I think your sofas look great! Congratulations on being grown ups! Also, Blake and Staci get that kind of milk in their Costco, too. Staci doesn't like it; she says it is hard to pour.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

more frige space!

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

I don't think they pour very well either.