Friday, September 21, 2007

Red Hair, I Don't Know What You Are Talking About


I know my hair is this voluptuous, but I swear it is not this color. I do not have red hair, yet numerous people here have commented on my red hair. Perfect example from the law school orientation dinner last night.
synopsis: Bill introduced me to a fellow student in his group- Katelyn
Me: Hi my name is Kate
Katelyn: great name- my name is Katelyn
Me: it's nice to meet you (notice how polite I am- Mom all your efforts haven't gone to waste)
Katelyn: Ahhh- a bee! Its following you!!
Me: I do seem to attract bees, there is always a bee around me at lunch for some reason.
Katelyn: It must be your red hair
Me: (Jaw drops)- ha ha, must be......

Red hair- I do not have red hair. This is probably the third person who has commented on my red hair in the two weeks we have been here. Maybe it is time to visit the hair dresser and return to my true blond self.




6 comments:

Farm Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farm Girl said...

Hey, since when were "Golden" and "Blond" different hair colors?

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

You're hair is not red?!

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, by "golden" are you referring to "rose gold", "white gold" or "yellow gold"?

Nanette said...

Elle is getting the red hair comment too! It must be the time of year--the leaves are reflecting on your head

Kate said...

I wish I could say it was a time of year thing, unfortunately I've been pleagued with the red hair comment for the last couple of years.Oh yes, and the category of "golden" includes bits of platinum blond, strawberry blond, light brown, and gold.