Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Not in Utah

Well for those of you who don't know, we are in Chicago and we are in our apartment. I'm not in the mood to pull up pictures just yet, but they will come- I promise. But during our expeditions around the city I've noticed some things to remind me I'm not in Utah any more.
So here is my list of "You know you're not in Utah when...."
1. There is a Jewish day school across the street.
2. You are the only white person in a busy grocery store.
3. There is more than one freeway and lots of tolls.
4. Rush hour starts at 2:30.
5. Green everywhere.
6. Costco isn't busy and the biggest brick of cheese they sell is not bulk sized- its actually quite small.
7.You have a door man- and he is big and all business.
8. They put ethanol in the gas.
9. There are one way streets everywhere.
10. Your apartment building is as tall as the tall buildings in SLC.
There you go, there were some other ones but I can't remember them right now, plus I don't want to scare anyone....

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Welcome home! I saw the pictures of your new place--it looks nice! I am envious of the view! Good luck unpacking the rest!