Friday, January 18, 2008

Ivy League Kids

I know the U of C isn't considered Ivy League, but it still has the same kind of students...and I'll tell you Ivy League students are a different breed. (this may make me sound really shallow, but I came from BYU the capital of high maintenance, where girls spend at least an hour on their hair alone, they are all blond, and wear the latest and ugliest fashions whether they should or should not).

Here we go:

They don't care what their hair looks like- hair straightener...what is that,

clothes and latest fashions are not of huge concern,

lots of them smoke, it's soooo cool to pop in a cigarette after class- didn't you know that?

they love to talk about international business and economics of obscure little countries,

they yell at you for eating meat and for animal cruelty,

they get in heated discussions about mathematical equations,

Today I heard a couple discussing their badminton teams, and who was on collegiate teams.

And here are a few of my favorites: they have the weirdest sense of humor:

They wear shirts that say, and I quote "If I wanted all A's, I would have gone to Harvard"

They laugh about previous interviews where they have to correct the person interviewing them,
And one night I was watching Throw Down with Bobby Flay, and he went to Boston for a competition with a Harvard grad who makes awesome sweet rolls. Lots of Harvard students came to watch the cooking competition, and Bobby made a mistake and one of the Harvard undergrads made the comment "That's how they do it at Yale-hahahahahahahahahahahha" All the Harvard kids were laughing up a storm.

These kids are weird.
Ivy league humor......it's interesting.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I can't believe Cornell is in the foreground. I think most Ivy Leaguers would rather have Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, or Chicago in their midst than Cornell. Lame.

Kate said...

Amen brother, Aaaaaaamen.