Saturday, March 8, 2008

Running Update

Need I say more?
Well maybe I'll say just a little more. I did 55.8 miles this week and I got my picture taken with the Senator himself. I had to break up my long run of 20 miles today in order to get this picture, but it was well worth it. He comes to my gym frequently and I knew if I didn't get my picture taken with the future president of the United States, I would regret it. So today, he walked it, and walked for a bit and then went over to the wall to stretch. So I jumped off the treadmill to talk to him. I was super nervous, so much so that I think my voice was an octave higher than normal. And asked to have my picture taken with him. He said sure and asked if I have a camera here. I said upstairs I do, and then he replied that he would be here for a while. So I flew upstairs and retrieved the camera. Unfortunately Bill wasn't around so I had to ask and old lady to take the picture. He put his arm on my back (I almost gave him a disclaimer of how sweaty I was, but decided not to. And voila, a picture with Barack. Then I told him he had my vote way before he took this picture with me and thanked him.

16 comments:

Bill said...

You're amazing! Way to get the guts to finally do it.

Larson Family said...

Yeah you did it! I am so impressed. I don't know if I would have dared, but I'm sure he was only flattered. Great picture, too.

Nanette said...

That's cool! Way to be brave!

Bill said...

I've always loved McCain, but I think that if it comes down to voting on principle or voting to have a picture of my wife with the president, I'm just going to have to vote Obama.

Melanie said...

That is so awesome! I'm still waiting to have my first local Obama sighting.

tyler and ali said...

Wow, way to get some guts. I'm proud.

Erin said...

That is AWESOME!! You are the coolest. You should invite him to dinner next time.

JoSue said...

you are hilarious Kate. I always am super self-conscious when I'm all sweaty after working out and I see someone I know. Way to be brave though! If he's voted president you could sell this for money.

Chelsea and Evan said...

I love it! This is one of the best pictures ever! Way to be brave.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

That's great - I wish I could have an Obama encounter! What do you think the chances are of him popping up at the gym at BYU here in Provo?

katherine said...

I'm so jealous. And it's a pretty good picture for having an old lady take it. Haven't seen you in a while. We should get together during crazy finals.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Way to go!!! And, I want a copy of that picture!!!! I showed it to everyone at work! How exciting. mmmm, do we see a White House appointment in the future???? Maybe, Ambassador to Italy?!....

Kalli said...

I got your address from your dad. I think he's pretty excited about the new relationship budding between you and Barack. You've got one up on me, I only got a picture with Mitt Romney, and he's already out of the running. And both of Obama's books are great!

Kate said...

Is this Kalli, my cousin in Idaho? A picture with Mitt is awesome, I wouldn't pass that up, but I would pass up a picture with the monster, I mean Hillary Clinton. What is your blog address?

Farm Girl said...

Hah! Photogenic isn't he?