Sunday, March 30, 2008

Running Update

This week, I managed to pound out 52.3 miles and did my last really long run before I start tapering. I can't wait to get this over with. But I'm getting pretty nervous. I've been reading some marathon forums- specific to Boston '08, and I've started to panic. Everyone on this forum talks about the mileage they are putting in and hill and tempo workouts. Ohhhh, I feel so under prepared, mostly about the hills because there are no hills here! Once in a while you can find a slight incline, but no hills. So I'm just worried that this race could really beat me up, my quads won't be ready for the incline of Heart Break Hill, or the decline of the rest of the race. Deep breath, it is going to be okay. Well only 3 weeks to go.
Fun fact of the week, I got my race packet in the mail the other day. I'm in the first wave of runners!!!!! Last year I was in the second wave. (You bib number is dependent on your time, so the first wave of people are generally going to be faster.) My bib number is 12,474 of 25,000!

*If you are a charity runner, you are assigned a number after 25,000.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Speaking of Heart Break Hill, one of the speakers in the YW broadcast on Saturday talked about it - she apparently ran the Boston Marathon recently. I'm pretty sure it was the 1st counselor. You'll have to check it out.

Jobi Niu said...

K seriously Kate.... I'm so proud of you! I look up to you! I bet you got a KICKIN body! Well you always have so flippin skinny in your awesome lifeguarding uniform! HAHA GOOD job though!