Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Bathtub



So, this might be kind of personal, and gross, so brace yourselves.


As I have mentioned, after a long run, I like to take a nice ice cold bath. But sometimes I am inhibited from taking a bath because I can't bring myself to sit my bare bum in a dirty bathtub. Thus the only times I can take a bath is right after I've cleaned the tub, or I'm really really desperate. Who knows how dirty it really is, but lets be honest, sometimes people pee in the shower. Now I will admit, I have been guilty in the past, but I have since repented. And, you hotel goers can answer this for me, how often to hotels really clean their showers. I would like to believe that they clean them (scrub them) with each new guest, but I am skeptical. My friend Jo, who worked in Jackson for a summer cleaned hotel rooms, said that they used the same cleanser for everything, which is why I now question the cleanliness of hotel bath tubs. Anyway, because of my new bathtub phobia, I would just like to know, who here has peed in the shower? So please take the quiz to the side (your secret is safe with me, but I just want to know - and you will remain anonymous, so be honest).

6 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA YOu're SO freakin funny!!! I'm laughing so hard! Seriously.. you kill me!

Melanie said...

I'm totally with ya. I hate baths, unless it's in a big, new tub. I can't stand the thought of sitting there and looking around at all the dirt and soap scum left in all the tiny crevises, or imagining all the dirt that's probably there but I can't see, or thinking about how many people sat in that tub before me. To me, that's NOT relaxing. yuck.

Farm Girl said...

Blech. You win for the grossest blog poll. I will never sit in a tub again.

Kate said...

I guess we have all learned our lesson.

the lunch lady said...

this is really just too gross. I can't stomach it!

tyler and ali said...

Hilarious. Honestly, I love that you ask the questions that no one else would! I may never take a bath again, but that's cuz I bathe my kids and I know there's peeing going on!