Sunday, April 6, 2008

Running Update

For my last week of hard workouts, I did 50.1 miles. I'm only taking a two week taper since my mileage never went above 60. This last week was bitter sweet. It was sweet because I've got the last of my really hard workouts out of the way, and bitter because Boston is only 2 weeks away and then it will be over before you know it. Then I will have to find another race to train for. I think I will do some half marathons next. No I haven't signed up for Chicago, I'm not a big fan of doing multiple marathons per year, it is just too much stress and strain, especially for someone who can't just have fun during a race. I have to race a race.
Anyway, my fun fact for this week is......well I'm not sure I have one. I did get to do my long run outside yesterday!!! 15.6 miles and it was marvelously warm and sunny, and my freckles have made their grand entrance for the season. Oh here is my fun fact (this might only be fun for me). Treadmills are bull crap. People say that running on a treadmill is way easier than outside. I think that is false. Aside from there being no wind (except for the built in fan), treadmills are way harder than running outside. My pace decreases by like a minute when I'm in the great outdoors. So from here on out, I will be in my home away from out, the great outdoors, doing my last 12 runs before the big day! Oh and here is my other fun fact, Lance Armstrong will be running Boston and so will Kristen Armstrong, his ex-wife who is also a writer at Runner's World. So I'm going to try to get pictures with both of them to add to my collection of superstars.

2 comments:

JoSue said...

You're lucky for the sun. It is literally a blizzard right now outside. I hate it!! Well I can't believe the race is coming up. That would be amazing if you got a picture with Lance Armstrong or better yet if you both approached the finish line at the same time and you beat him! Good luck with the rest of your training! You'll do great.

Paige said...

I'm impressed. I'm training for a half and I just hit 5 miles and it nearly killed me. Reading about your running makes me want to eat cake and give up. But good job! I like the treadmill, it doesn't lie. Unlike the "coach" we have on Saturdays who decides it would be good for us to run an extra mile for fun. Who does that? Real runners, that's who.