Thursday, April 24, 2008

Boston




Here are some pictures from out excellent trip to Boston, and we couldn't have asked for better weather! So in here you will see pictures from the Freedom Trail, the Marathon Expo, Paul Revere's house, our Harvardian friends - Christa and Rob, and Paige and Jeff (thanks for a great time!!), the inside of the LDS church we attended which was a broiler factory or something, the tall glass things are a Holocaust Memorial, yummy pastries (whoopie pie), pre race (thanks white cap for the shirt), heart break hill (my demise), post race, airport, and everything in between. Enjoy.

as for the race, well I finished! Last year I thought that the Newton hills were totally over rated, but this year, the Newton hill pretty much ended my race. I'm going to blame the flat land that I live in for this early demise. I was holding pace or close to it until about mile 16:) As for my marathon career, I'm getting a coach for my next marathon, case closed!!!!

7 comments:

the lunch lady said...

Boston is such a great city! And I still think you're awesome, Heartbreak Hill or not.

Anonymous said...

You are so 1st place to us!!!! What an accomplishment! Great pictures! You guys look great and you look like you had a great time!

Larson Family said...

I am still so impressed that you can even run a marathon! Honestly, you are great!

Chelsea and Evan said...

Those pictures make me wish that I was in Boston again! So much FUN!!!

Whitney said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Congrats on the great accomplishment.

LuAnn said...

Way to go Kate! I need to hang out with you more...maybe some of your discipline will rub off on me.

Nanette said...

go Katie! go Katie! goooooo Katie!
--Elle