Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My little Chelsea is a Mom


This is Chelsea, I've talked about her before. She is my running buddy and probably the only person that I would be happy for if she beat me (which she almost always does). She is very dedicated to running and is super fast. Sometimes she enters races under the name S. Fast, like K. Swtizer (first woman to run the Boston marathon), because she is super fast and doesn't want there to be any confusion on who it is that is going to win the race (be it male or female). Anyway, a funny thing happened this last summer, we ran the Freedom Festival 5k and I beat her. I thought "this is unusual, Chelsea can always keep up or beat me". Well the reason I beat her, unbeknownst to me (and her) was that she was pregnant. So now turn your head to see the picture below, Chelsea and the cause of her slowness, little baby Emmy - who is adorable and so tiny (I got to hold her, and it made me very happy)! They say that after you have a baby, your race times drop because you know how to handle pain and exhaustion.Chelsea has signed up for the Chicago marathon this fall, and I'll be there to watch her break the 3 hour mark, (she can now that she has given birth, it's a right of passage). I love ya Chels, maybe we can start training together soon, or maybe I'll just hold Emmy while you run because I need a break, or better yet, we can do Boston '09 together. Think about it.

2 comments:

Chelsea and Evan said...

Kate, thanks for the post! I cant wait to start running again together. Boston 09' here we come!!!

Jobi Niu said...

I'm so happy for Chelsea! Her baby is so cute! SHe's such a cute Mom. I wish I was good at running like you two... Actually, I wish I had time to run like you two!