Monday, March 24, 2008

Running Update

I know, you've all been waiting for this. Well I did 48.1 miles this past week and it was tricky. We went to Nauvoo, (see below for Elder Giuliani) and I had to do a 15 miler before we went. So on Friday, I got up at quarter to 5 to get the run done, and then we hit the snow pact roads of Chicago at 8 am. So then I had 4 miles to do on Saturday, so I packed my running freak suit (tights, under armour turtle neck, you get the picture) and my GPS watch to navigate the town of Nauvoo. Saturday morning rolls around, I get up to go run, and from our motel to the Temple was .3 miles (that is one end of town to the other) so I proceeded down to the historical sight and pretty much ran in circles because I ran out of road. (can you run on state highways?) In the end, I managed to get a run in of 3.33 miles.
My fun fact for the day, aside from the aforementioned run, I only have 4 weeks till the big race. Hallelujah, because I'm exhausted.

Oh yeah, one last thing, if you need to carbo load try this.

3 comments:

Clare said...

I was reading your other post about Nauvoo and I decided that Clint & I need to go there this summer. I was trying to plan to go our anniversary weekend (we haven't been there since we got married), but the pageant will be over already, so we'll go earlier. Anyway, you've inspired me.

Kate said...

We are going to go back for the pagent, from everything that you've said, it sounds like it's worth seeing. Besides, Nauvoo will be so much better when it is green and alive.

Clare said...

Well, it's not the same pageant that was there when my family was in it, but my family likes the new one too. I actually haven't seen the new one yet.