Sunday, February 15, 2009

Running Update

I had a fantastic week of running. This weeks mileage was 51 miles!! I was pretty excited about breaking 50 miles this week, especially since my program calls for 2 rest days a week. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be down below 50 for a few weeks. Anyway, I did my long run outside at this place called Morton Arboretum, which is about a 45 minute drive out to the suburbs. But it was great. There are two loops you can do, one loop that is 4.5 miles with hills and another that is 3 miles with harder hills. I was very pleased with the run, I felt great, I held a great pace the whole time, and I ran with a doctor from work and her running club. And the weather wasn't too bad, about 34 degrees. Anyway, I like running again.
This week was also great because I bought "The Stick" from a friend at work who had an extra. See picture below. You all might be skeptical, and I was too (especially because they are expensive)but it is great. It is great after a long run and you calves are aching and you can't find anyone to massage your legs. I used it after my long run, and my legs felt way better then they normally do. I'm a believer. Bill should be glad I have one so that he doesn't have to rub down my legs. But he still gets to do my blistered feet. You win some, you lose some.As for this final picture, I was googling the stick and it came up with this picture of a fish. It is so big, I had to post it. Enjoy

5 comments:

Nanette said...

So, rubbing your sore legs with that
stick actually HELPS?!!
hmmm. . .

Kate said...

it's true. The stick is somewhat flexible, and it is covered with little 1" tubes that rotate, so it isn't just scrapping against your skin.

the lunch lady said...

I like a good leg rub!

how did you get a picture of a fish when you were looking for the stick? weird!

congrats on your mileage!

Erin said...

Way to go! I've seen the stick at marathon expo's but it seemed a little traveling salesman-ish with people up there rubbing down strangers calves talking about how it was like "magic". Glad to know they are legit. I might think about getting one if I ever do a marathon again. :)

50 miles is insane. I did 5 yesterday and was proud of myself. :)

Melanie said...

Josh bought a stick at the Chicago marathon expo a few years back, and we love it! He fell in love with it when he saw it, and he isn't one to fall in love with stuff that is "sales-pitchy" and expensive. So you know it's good!