Sunday, February 1, 2009

Running Update

Lake Shore trail, obviously people are a lot more covered up, and lots of runners, a few cyclists

This week was a rest week, and it was definitely needed. My total mileage came to 38.4, it should have been a few miles less, but I did some hill repeats in the parking garage of my building. You do what you have to do when it is negative degrees outside. The best part about this week, was that yesterday it was warm outside. The high was 34ish degrees, so I decided to do my long run outside. The temp when I did my run was about 20 degrees with a windchill of about 15, it was warm enough (until I had to run into the wind, boo). But it was liberating, it made me remember that I don't hate running, I just hate treadmills.
And finally, I got a new pair of shoes, Asics Landreth 5. I have a couple of pairs that I rotate through, but one pair was making my arch hurt. At first I thought it was plantar fasciitis, but I stopped wearing them, and haven't had any problems since. I suppose that will give me something to look forward to, since I have a long set for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Yay it was 39 today and we had snow melting everywhere! Here's to an early spring.

Camille said...

way to train for a marathon basically on a treadmill! keep on going- you can make it!

The Staub Squad said...

What is it about running on tredmills that basically makes me want to kill myself?