Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spouses 101


Bill was in the law school musical, (post to come) and while he was away for many hours at rehearsal, I watched a lot of shows that I'm not allowed to watch when he is home. Such as Little People Big World (I couldn't stop crying when their family friend passed away, so sad), John and Kate Plus 8 (yes, I love TLC), next on the list of banned shows was Dogs 101 on Animal Planet. I don't know if this show is necessarily banned, but I never watch it when Bill is home. When he is home, we do constructive stuff like play Rock Band, you know, have fun, because we are fun.
So the next day, I was talking to A, my co-worker about how Bill is such a great house spouse. He shops, he cleans, and does laundry. And she was like "wow, how did you manage that?" And at that moment, my brain reverted to Dogs 101, when they featured the Weimaraner. They said "Training isn't negotiable. Must be trained, and you must start early!" And I responded back to A, "you must train them, and you must do it early on."
I'm not saying my husband of almost 4 years is a Weimaraner, but I think they are onto something. But don't worry, Bill has me trained too. I know how to turn his frown upside down - with a Coke. I learned this early on. And he HATES having the sheets tucked into the mattress at the foot of the bed.
So I would like to purpose a new show to TLC (seems more humane than Animal Planet) Spouses 101. Good idea? No?

9 comments:

Kalli said...

I was just at my parents house where they had satellite and...Little People, Big World and Jon and Kate Plus 8. I watched it every day! I also watched Dog Whisperer a couple of times while I was there, and immediately afterwards, I started training Mackay like she was a dog. It works. You say to someone that you must train children very similar to dogs, and they think you are barbaric. But look who's child knows how to sit and stay.

Paige said...

I love the Dogs 101 show. I also like the Cats 101 show -- have you seen that one? And as with Bill, I'm not sure if Jeff would ask me to change the channel if I watched if he was home, but it does somehow seem like a guilty pleasure.

acandiedapple said...

Yes Spouses 101 would be awesome. I would watch it for sure. I guess Jason and I are both pretty well trained. He's better at it than I am though. I've been noticing I'm doing a lot of the chores he used to do. How does that work?

I also love John & Kate Plus 8 but I'm not a fan of Little People Big World. I've been known to watch the Duggars before as well.

the lunch lady said...

that idea kind of frightens me. I know I am a bad dog owner -- the dog whisperer would scold me good -- so what does that mean for my marriage?

Nanette said...

early on training,definitely a good thing :)
As for the show--would you do it Nanny 911 style or Dogs 101 style?

Janel said...

Kate you're awesome, that's funny!

Lehis said...

GREAT idea! I am not a dog lover (I love when others have dogs... but not at our house). But I think there are probably more similarities than one thinks... why else is dog man's best friend?

Bill said...

TLC should be TDC: The Depressing Channel.

Violet said...

Good idea! I'd watch!!

p.s. I, too, also love TLC :)