Sunday, March 1, 2009

Running Update

Tis time for my weekly running update. I know you all look forward to this post. This week I hit 55.8 miles. Stupid me, I should have done .2 more and I could have hit a mileage high of 56 miles. Oh well, that was poor planning. Anyway, I tried out a new location out in the suburbs, with hills of course, (see image above for Boston elevation map) and only did half of my long run there because it was too scary. The location was a forest preserve with a loop of 9.6 miles, and it was scary and gray. And the city that Drew Peterson, the guy whose 4th wife mysteriously disappeared, lives in the city around this forest preserve, so I felt creeped out by the fact that there could possibly be a body in the forest (I'm sure the police have checked there, but I couldn't stop imagining the worst since I was by myself). So I left after 1 loop and ran the rest of the run on the lake shore path, which was freezing and windy. I'm determined not to do any of my long runs on the treadmill this year. And hopefully, I'll be able to run with the club on Saturdays. This week is a rest week, hallelujah.

2 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

GOOD JOB KATE! My Mom and I love reading your blog.. ha ha you're hilarious! I bet you are in the best shape! AWESOME.. I'm jealous.

Danielle said...

Yahoo for warmer weather coming soon!