Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Food Friday

This wasn't mine, for some reason, we didn't take any pictures.
From freshorganicofficedelivery.com

It is good food Friday. If you live for this, I apologize for never doing this anymore, but if you hate these posts, bare with me.
So for this week, I've got Shrimp tacos. But the biggest reason to share this recipe is the mango salsa you put on top. Oh it is so good. Basically I made this to get rid of the pre-cooked shrimp that was purchased, and the dinner was a success! (We've also been trying to find a recipe that is similar to the shrimp tacos at Bajios, and though these aren't quite there, they are still great.)

Shrimp Tacos

Ingredients:
1 mango- peeled, seeded and diced
1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls lime juice
1/4 cup honey butter
1 lb salad shrimp
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed

Directions:
1. Toss the mango, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic, salt, and lime juice together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
2. Melt the honey butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, cook and stir until pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. To serve, place a few shrimp into a warm tortilla, top with mango salsa and fold up.

My only advice is, don't buy pre-cooked shrimp. And I didn't have honey butter so I just threw some butter and honey in a pan to heat up my shrimp. We loved loved loved this recipe!
Try it, you'll like it!

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I am excited to try this! it looks yummy!

(mango salsa is always a good idea.)

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I am also excited to try this- I drew a blank this last week for something new- and this will be appreciated at our house-

Danielle said...

Wow, that mango salsa sounds good.

I agree on the pre-cooked shrimp thing. Not a fan.