Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bump It UP

Have you seen this thing. It is advertised as "Bump It". It scares me. But really, it brings me back to my days in Provo, well who am I kidding, back to good ol' Utah Valley, land of the high maintenance and high hair.
I never even thought about the hair in Utah until I left it. Don't get me wrong, I miss Utah, big hair and all, but looking back, the hair is hairlarious. (get it, hardy har har).
I mean really, I've read some random blogs of girls who live in Utah, and they are blond, and all have big hair. (you know what I'm talking about) Please see picture below.

blue bow and big hair sort of big
Picture from: hannah-heartbeat<3
All you have to do is google "utah big hair" and it will come up with pictures, same with flicker.

It was weird to move here and see other girls with flat hair, like myself. Or girls that don't do their hair, because they are too intellectual to care about such trivial things (thank you Uof C). But ultimately, I'm glad to know that there is a tool to get such huge hair...the Bump It. But like wearing padded underwear for a fuller butt, wouldn't you feel stupid with a contraption hidden in your hair?
I suppose it could be handy at times, like during church. You are feeling hungry, and you have 45 minutes left of a long talk from a high priest, and you just pretend to scratch your rats nest - hair, and voila, you pull out an Oreo, or some grapes. I'm changing my mind, this contraption is genius!

10 comments:

Lehis said...

Ah yess... the cookie cutter Utah hair. I never quite caught the wave (I'm extremly uninventive with my hair), but a contraption on my head might be nice. I don't know how you have one of those if you have little kids though... I can just see it now, middle of church, high council speaker, AJ putting cheerios in and out of my hair, and then Mikko just grabbing it and throwing it 2 rows back. That would be fantastic.

Nanette said...

I wondered how those girls achieve such heights! Now I know! Thanks!
A girl I knew put a whole roll of TP in her hair so she could be Mrs. Frankenstein for Halloween. It was very effective--and I'm sure much cheaper ;)

acandiedapple said...

I love it! In college we always knew who the girls from Utah were by their big blond hair.

As a side note, my word verification for this comment is diatingU. Hmm... is someone trying to tell me something?

JoSue said...

I've totally seen that product. And honestly, I ALWAYS get sucked into thinking I should actually buy it....and I never even do my hair!! They just make it look so easy and fun. I'd like to see you wear one though!

the lunch lady said...

sadly, your niece is turning into the poster child for Utah big hair.

Keith and Nicci said...

I'm laughing so hard right now.

LuAnn said...

I don't quite understand why that hair style caught on like it did. Weird.

Jobi Niu said...

ha ha ha ha ha Yup! That's me!! I'm TOTALLY included in "The Utah Big Hair" Lol... I'm surprised my picture doesn't come up under google.. ha ha ha ha Just kidding

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Awesome. I had these exact thoughts the last time I was in Utah. Also kept having a similar reaction to make-up, which was, "You're probably pretty, but I can't tell under all that make-up." Different worlds. To each their own.

Violet said...

LOL! You're so funny! I still love your blogs...you're just so witty!