Sunday, March 22, 2009

Running Update

I fell apart this week. This was supposed to be a about 57 mile week. I really wanted to break 60, unfortunately, but still fortunately, I got up to 51.8. I think my problem was the half marathon I raced, then on Tuesday, I did a big hill set with a friend from work (hills on an overpass, sounds like fun hu?). So I didn't really get time to recover. Then I had a 20 miler for Friday morning and I did 10 on the treadmill and 10 outside (can't run in the dark here) and I bonked at mile 11. I love to run, but I don't love 16 weeks of intense marathon training. 4 more weeks to go. I can do this. Our weekend trip for spring break has helped. I feel revived.

So stay tuned for our spring break gone wild....St Louis style.

2 comments:

Kalli said...

Haha! Nate and I were driving down the freeway, and saw a car parked on the side of the road, with two guys running up and down the overpass hill. I thought that seemed like the craziest thing. Even more crazy, another car parked on the side of the road of the freeway--taking family pictures in a green patch of grass. There were seriously three different freeways all around them. Whatever you have to do in the city, I guess.

Nanette said...

You go, girl!!