Sunday, March 8, 2009

Running Update

This was the pose I hurt myself in. Just kidding.

This was my rest week and so my mileage is low. I topped out at 20.4 miles. Well it is really low because I hurt my achilles tendon, or something around there. There is a nice little bruise. Bummer. I talked to one of the doctors at work who runs, he asked me some questions, gave me some exercises to do, and told me if it isn't feeling better by Monday, that I should see a doctor. Luckily, it is feeling better. So I'm hoping to resume my running, for 3 more weeks of high mileage, and then I'll start my taper! I can't believe it is so close!
What was the culprit? I'm not sure, but I think it started after yoga on Tuesday. I think I might have strained something in one of the poses. Stupid I know. But at least it isn't a tear or fracture. My challenge for the next 6 weeks is just to stay healthy. Hear goes nothing.

1 comment:

Jobi Niu said...

That sucks your hurt your achilles tendon.. What a bummer.. I'm glad it's feelin better though so hopefully you don't have to go see a doctor..