Monday, March 16, 2009

Running Update

My usual glare of death, post race, and lucky me, I even have the pleasure of my hair looking like a crazy mane.
Time for my weekly running update. Sorry I'm late, Bill + finals = no computer for Kate :(
So I'm making up for lost time. This week I did a total of 51 miles. It was a lower mileage than I hoped for this week because I ran a half marathon. But, the race was great, killer but great. The course was full of horrible huge and long hills. Who would have thought there were so many hills in the state of Illinois. But because of the hills in the race, I'm beginning to feel more confidant for Boston. Anyway, the race went well, I placed 16th for the women in the race and technically 2nd in my age group. Don't bother looking me up, I had to buy someone else's registration to get into this race.

10 comments:

Erin said...

That's awesome! As is your "glare of death".

the lunch lady said...

way to look awesome in spandex!

(oh, and good job on your race!)

tyler and ali said...

NICE! You are inspirational (seriously, how do you look so...not sweaty and disgusting after such a LONG run?)

JoSue said...

Dang girl you are looking good in those spandex! I couldn't pull that look off if I wanted to! Just reading about your half marathon makes me sick to my stomach for some reason. The thought of running 13 miles, let alone 26.....you're awesome. Boston is so close! What is the exact date?

Kate said...

Thanks, I was happy about it for once.

I didn't look sweaty because it was 50 degrees out. I was hot, but not dripping.

Boston is April 20th.

Thanks lunch lady for pointing out my spandex. boo.

Christa and Rob said...

And you totally do look awesome in spandex...come on, that is just one of the many perks that come with running 51 miles a week for multiple months leading up to a race that takes 4 hours.

We're excited to see you guys!! Keep up the good work!

The Francis' said...

Look at you leading the pack... 16th is really good out of so many women and 2nd in your age group, that's awesome. My sister-in-law does Ironman and she always talks about her age group, so don't be ashamed :)

-Bryan

Kate said...

the girl who's registration I used was 32, so that is why I said "my age group", the 30-35 age group was a little different.

Annette said...

Post-race pictures always look awesome. We just look mad at the world :) Good job!

Violet said...

WOW! 16TH! That's amazing!

Also, I couldn't find anywhere to comment about the lion video, but I TOTALLY cried! It was sooo heartwarming! I'll admit it: I'm a loser! :)