Monday, September 8, 2008

Seersucker Thursdays

I know, I should probably do this post on Thursday, but life is so calm right now and I can't think of anything else to post. So today, we are going to talk about Washington D.C. also know as the District, and all of its idiosyncrasies. I like D.C., don't get me wrong, but there were a few things that I encountered while I was there that I couldn't help but laugh at. One of the things that I learned about was how during the summer, the Senate has Seersucker Thursday, a day when they all wear their Seersucker Suits of course. Feast your eyes above.
I also had the opportunity to see what I feel is the epitome of the east coast, guys wearing chinos, long sleeved collared shirts with the sleeves rolled up and shirts tucked in, and of course a nice pair of summer loafers (I can't remember what they are called). They kind of reminded me of Carlton Banks. I suppose it was amusing because you just don't see that style on the west coast, but it seems to be prevalent in the east.
Does anyone else think it is weird that D.C. has no skyscrapers? Feel free to comment on any idiosyncrasies that you've notice, you know, for kicks and giggles.

The end

(P.S. I really like D.C. for all of its quirks)

3 comments:

Erin said...

DC doesn't have any skyscrapers because of some city ordinance that says no building can be taller then the capital building. Strange.

It is a strange city...but not as strange as Vegas!

Kate said...

it's true, nothing will ever be as weird as Las Vegas, thank goodness. But I think they should have built the capital building taller.

Tyler V said...

Speaking of Carlton, there was one of the commentators during the Olympics that looked just like him! I kept waiting for him to do the Carlton...but alas, it was not him. Sigh.