Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Newest Book

I made this book a while ago and have been meaning to use it. I like this book because it is small and fat, I made the paper, used a different binding then I usually do, I even dyed the thread. Point is, this book is more me than any other book.
I decided to use this book as a 'book of happiness'. Does that sound ridiculous or what? I started this book because sometimes life sucks, right? And sometimes you lose sight of all the things that are good. So to keep my eyes open to all the good things in life, I've decided to write down 3 things every day that are good or make me happy.
So here are my three things.
Yep, I'm still very happy to be back in Chicago.
Don't think I'm shallow, but cable makes me happy. Do you know why? Because we get KBYU, and every Sunday we watch (have on while we are getting ready) Music and the Spoken Word and Worship Service before we go to church. And it gets better. This next week, we, while living in Chicago, can watch General Conference from the comfort of our apartment. Yep, I like cable, and you would too.
And my last bit of happiness is that I start my new job tomorrow! It's true, I have a real job, with benefits and a real pay check. I feel pretty good about it!
I think this is going to be a good year!

10 comments:

Tyler V said...

Congrats on your new job! I know what a HUGE deal benefits, etc are so...way to be!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful book, and congratulations on your new job!!

the lunch lady said...

hurray! i love all three of your happy thoughts. not really, though. i wish you were in utah, not chicago.

but, happy new job!

Bill said...

Cable? We have DirecTV with DVR. Clearly not cable.

acandiedapple said...

I keep a 'happy journal' and love it! It is very helpful. I'm so impressed with your book.

JoSue said...

you need to sell those books, seriously. All the ones I've seen are so cute and unique. A little side business! Hope your first day of work is enjoyable today. Training always sucks...that's just a fact.

Keith and Nicci said...

No way - I am soooooooooo happy for your new job, especially the benefits part (wink wink). I think it's going to be a good year for you guys too:)

Brenda said...

Congrats on your job!! That is great!! I am jealous your back in Chicago right when Fall is coming around!! There aren't any real change in seasons here, but I guess it is a trade off since we won't have to go through a Chicago winter this year. Your apartment looks really cute too! Good luck with everything!

Nanette said...

Happy new job!

Blake + Amy said...

Yay! Good job with the job!