Monday, September 22, 2008

Chicago Half Marathon

Last weekend, I ran in the Chicago Half Marathon with my running buddy Chelsea. I decided to run it bandit with her (bandit=running w/out registering for the race) and it was a crazy race. It poured the whole time, but was great nonetheless. I had the intention of running the whole 13.1 miles, but after Chelsea left me in the dust (mud might be more appropriate) at mile 3, I decided to quit at mile 5. But I ran the last quarter mile into the finish line with Chelsea. I remembered from previous experience that you can fake a 5k, and you can almost fake a 10k, but you can't fake a half or full marathon. Chels ended up running a great race, and I'll be there to cheer her on during the Chicago Marathon, where hopefully she will requalify for Boston, and we can do Boston 09 together!!!!!

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

You bandit!

the lunch lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoSue said...

oh Kate, why do you always make me feel like a lazy slob??! I'm hoping to run a 5K soon, my first organized long-distance (for me) race! I just hate the rain and cold so we'll see what happens. You and Chels are awesome though.

sallreen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.