Monday, September 15, 2008

Tribute To Freckles

Well, lets face it, I have freckles and I hate them. One day I walked up to a makeup counter at Macy's and told the lady at the cosmetics counter that I needed some makeup to cover up my freckles. She said it couldn't be done. Yeah right lady. Of course it can be done. Nicole Kidman had freckles at one point in her life, and now she doesn't have any. Amazing! So here are a few actresses with freckles that do a pretty good job at covering them up.
In order to get L.Lo. with freckles, you have to get the mug shot from the police.J. Moore

In the Traveling Pants movie, Lena (Alexis Bledel) let her freckles shine!
Sister
Sister
And here are my sisters, we all have freckles. I had to search high and low for a picture with L.L.'s freckles, but her freckles are so light, this was the best I could do. I'm trying to embrace my freckles(see close up above, normally close ups show too much freckle, so I usually avoid them). I suppose I wouldn't be the same without them, but it wouldn't hurt if they were just a little lighter.
And finally I stole this picture from CJane. This is her sister Nie Nie, and she is beautiful and she has lots of freckles.
Did you know that women with freckles are kindred spirits? Yep, it's true (with the exception of the first picture)! Speak up if your my freckled kindred spirit!

**People with a freckle don't count, that freckle is probably a mole.

13 comments:

the lunch lady said...

Nie Nie is beautiful with freckles. Embrace the freckles.

Alas, my freckles are becoming age spots.

Nanette said...

ahem, "A face without freckles is like a sky without stars."
Elle loves that she is just like her freckled auntieS!!

Paige said...

I think freckles are beautiful. I had them when I was little...now just my shoulders do. I wish I could persuade them to climb back up my neck.

Kate said...

since I'm trying to have a good attitude about my freckles, I'll support you in your wish Paige. But be forewarned, freckles are sneaky little buggers.

Bill said...

This is false advertising, as I am constantly told that our first biglaw check will be put to freckle-removing laser surgery.

Kate said...

I don't think I said our first biglaw check, maybe later. But the point is, I have at least 2 more years of freckles, so I might as well embrace them.

Kendall said...

Harv~
I saw this in a Martha Stewart Magazine and thought of your blog.
And I quote,
"Pumpkins, introduced to colonists by American Indians, were not only enjoyed in soups and pies but also used as general pain relievers and as treatment for bladder problems. When consumed, the SEEDS were even believed to REMOVE FRECKLES."
I have found the solution to your freckle issue, (even though I love them and have wished for years for a sprinkling of them across my nose). Eat more pumpkin seeds and call me in the morning!

Kate said...

I'm going to the store right now.

Is this true, there are only a few people with freckles in a world that has billions of people? No, it can't be true, there must be more of you?!?!

Blake + Amy said...

I have freckles. I love how when someone dresses up like an orphan or a baby, they always draw big dark freckles on their face. I don't know how I feel about that.

Tyler V said...

I love freckles. I don't have the even smattering, I have the big, dark, orphan-esque freckles. I love your freckles, to be honest. Tyler has a ton of freckles all over his nose and shoulders from our beach adverntures, and I wish he had them all the time. I just get these nasty, large sun spots on my forehead that look like a disease.

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet said...

I'm not exactly sure how it happened by sister (who is of dark skin and Hispanic decent) has freckles! I, like the rest of my family, do not, but she does...and LOVES them! Not to mention she always says that people with freckles are a lot more attractive than those w/out...so don't hate your freckles, according to my sister, they are what make you beautiful :)

Unknown said...

i have so many freckles, on my forehead and nose and cheeks, and now a few on my arms PLEASE STOP :( I HATE THEM