Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chicago Marathon

So it is marathon weekend. And what a lovely weekend to have the Chicago Marathon. I went down to support my dear Chelsea.
Just a picture of Chicago.
The water stations, they looked better prepared this year than they were last year.
The elite women. The winner of the Boston Marathon 2007 won this years Chicago Marathon - Lidiya Grigoryeva and the girl that took second also took second at Boston 2008 - Alvetina Biktimirova. I had to include a close up because the women are hard core.
The elite men.
This guy kicked his way through the marathon. He was actually pretty fast.
And of course, your Elvis impersonators, there were a couple this year even though it was pretty hot outside.
I parked myself at the 6k and 18k mark and missed Chelsea on the 6k. It's hard to find people with 45,000 runners. But behold, I did find her on the 18k, unfortunately, I had my big lens on and she ran right next to me and the camera wouldn't take a picture that close. But I screamed and cheered her on. So sorry no picture of the champion Chelsea.

Great job Chels on finishing another marathon!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

We saw that wheelchair guy at the start and thought that was pretty impressive. We also saw that Elvis guy at the finish. I can't believe he ran the whole way in that outfit! It was so hot!

Camille said...

what an inspiration the man in the wheelchair is! eric and i are running a marathon this saturday and i hope the weather is as good as it was in chicago last weekend!!

Jobi Niu said...

Dang Chelsea... Atta Girl! Elvis.. ha ha ha so funny! Those hard core ladies.. hmmm could I please have their bodies?? You already do! I miss you Kate!! How the crap are you??

chel said...

Oh, I wish the weather at the St. George Marathon would have been like that (remember I trained in phoenix heat). It would have been fun to watch, I am a bit jealous.

Chelsea and Evan said...

Thanks so much Kate for cheering me on! I needed it!!! Next year we are running it together!