Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fortune Tellers & Psychics

Does anyone still listen to 101.9 the end? That used to be my favorite radio station until I moved. Oh Chunga and Mister, you guys were so funny. And then you got rid of Casey, strike one. Then you hired Parker, strike two, then you fired Mister, strike three, you guys totally suck now.
I digress.
So on 101.9 they would have "Sid the Psychic" on. I hated her. She was such an idiot. I would be driving somewhere and Sid would come on and make up a bunch of crap. I loved the lame answers she would give. The conversation would go something like this:
Sid: "What is your name"
caller: "my name is Sarah, and I can't keep a boyfriend. I really want to get married Sid, what do you see in my future?"
Sid: "Well Sarah I see that you are in love, but can't find anyone to love you?"
Sarah: "oh Sid, how did you know?"
Sid: "I see that you scare men off with your insane desire to get married......I'm getting the feeling that they think you are......clingy and needy."
Sarah: "Really, you think that?"
Sid: "I think Sarah, that you need to be less clingy and a man will come into your life!"
Sarah: "Oh Sid, WHEN??? Tell me, I want to get married soooooooooooooooo BAD!!!"
Sid: "I see in the future that you are married to a wonderful man......in several years. Yes, yes, I see a wonderful man with brownish hair and ears, and a mouth. Oh yes, I see that he will be a great kisser. Brace yourself Sarah, you will know he is the one by his kiss because he will sweep you off your feet with that first kiss."
Sarah: "oh Sid, you are amazing! Do you see any kids in the future."
Sid: "if you let them, they will come"
Sarah: "Oh Sid, thank you so much, I knew you would change my life!

Bleh, I find myself yelling at the radio during these ridiculous segments. But with the departments upcoming move to the psych ward, I just might become psychic......or psychotic.

Come Decemberish, (after the move) there might be a new segment called "Fortune Telling with Kate". Brace yourself, it could be really awesome.

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

amen on the 101.9 stuff.

and I'm looking forward to the new segment, tell me, do you see a trip to Chicago in my future?

Nanette said...

Oh Kate! I can hardly wait for the new segment! Will it be question and answer or will you just give us some highlights from the future?

Kate said...

Dear LL and Nan,
the new segment will probably be question and answer, I'll be taking them soon. And for both of you........I see a trip to Chicago in the very near future, so near.......oh I do see an actual date.......it is November 27th 2008. Yes, it is clear as a bell.

Violet said...

Hello Kate. I know you don't know me but I've been an avid reader for some time now. Do not be scared. I am not a crazy "lurker" (see I AM an avid reader of yours). I introduced myself awhile ago and absolutely love your humor. I found your blog one day while googling (and this is embarassing) American Girl Dolls! For my little sister, mind you! :)

Anyway, apparently it has been TOO long since I've last read your blog because I had PAGES to catch up on...the last I remember reading was about you and your frekles!! Anyway, I'm back to reading your blogs...I love them

Your fan in San Diego, CA,

Violet

Kate said...

Violet, I'm glad you're back!