Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Job

I work at a hospital, did I mention that. I don't deal with patients at all. But occasionally I have to run errands around the hospital and let me tell you, hospitals are scary places. I'll go down to the basement, and there will be broken hospital beds in the hall. It feels like death and I get the willies.
My department will be moving to another floor that is being remodeled. I was told we are being moved to.........the old PSYCH WARD.
A co-worker and I went upstairs to check out the new space and find our offices. In one of the rooms/offices we came across none other than a hospital bed with shackles.

Need I say more!
Does this not give you the hebee jeebees? I thought hospital beds were bad, but beds with shackles........it creeps me out. Apparently there is no longer a psych ward. I still feel weird about our new location.

9 comments:

Nanette said...

Maybe they are trying to tell you something about your department?
I dunno, but I'd bring a big file with when you move to your "new location" if I were you! ;)

the lunch lady said...

If you start acting a little weird, after the move, we'll all know you are being haunted by the ghosts of psych wards past.

JoSue said...

oh man! Way creepy. Is that a picture you took or just found off the internet? Either way, weird. So that's great you work at a hospital. I thought it was a doctor's office. What department do you work in?

Paige said...

Ick, I can't believe that people really have (or had - not too long ago) to live like that.

Kate said...

its a picture off the internet, but I'm thinking about taking my camera upstairs for real life pictures. mwaahhahaha.

chel said...

Well...as long as they remove those shackles before you start to work there, or they want to literally chain you to your work!

Anonymous said...

take pictures! want to see where you work.

KSK said...

That is really scary. Kate I sure hope your safe. Awesome you are working at a hospital though.

Melanie said...

I had to go to that psych ward when it was still used as the psych ward...no not for myself :), to take care of pregnant patients. Believe me, it's quite scary with patients there!!