Sunday, May 24, 2009

Soldier Field 10 Miler

Pre-race picture. There was actually a lot of people there for the finish. But I guess a race of 9,000 would bring a lot of spectators.I ran the Soldier Field 10 Miler this weekend. It is a pretty cool race since the race begins and ends in Soldier Field (where the Chicago Bears play). It didn't go as well as I had hoped. But I suppose it was my own fault, I wasn't feeling it, and I shouldn't have gone to Flaco's Tacos for dinner on Friday night. Oh but those greasy tacos were sooo good. Oh well, I guess I'll have to run it again next year.

3 comments:

acandiedapple said...

I saw a bunch of people running along LSD on Saturday but didn't know which race they were doing. I'm sure I didn't see you though because I saw the back of the pack. I be it was cool to finish inside the stadium. Soldier field is a pretty cool stadium anyway.

JoSue said...

Whoa....I ran 4.5 miles the other day and felt pretty dang good! But then I realize that you are the star of running and I can never measure up. :) Way to go though! Bill is such a good racing spouse....always at the finish line to cheer you on!

LuAnn said...

9000? No wonder I had to wait 45 minutes before I could ride my bike home.