Friday, May 15, 2009

Word of the Day

Ignernt
Pronunciation: \ig-ner-nt\
Function: adjective
Language of Origin: American \ah-mer-e-caan\
Comes from the Latin root: ignorantia, ignorantem

Definition:lacking knowledge, behaving stupidly, the act of being dumb
Use in a sentence: "his driving was just plain ignernt!"

*disclaimer, this sentence was not said to me or by me. I heard it in passing. However....

I was "ignernt" this morning in that I was running hills with a friend from work. I threw my jacket on the limb of a tree and continued with my repeats. Don't worry, my jacket was long gone when I came back down the hill.

I heart Chicago.

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I hope it wasn't one of your good jackets.

those people in Chicago are just plain ignernt.

and mean.

in Provo, some BYU student would have probably picked it up and jogged after you, thinking you had accidently dropped it. And they would have snuck a pass-along card into your pocket.

JoSue said...

Are you serious?? I'd like to say that if I came across a jacket hanging in a tree that I wouldn't take it.... However, I guess that depends on how nice the jacket is. :)

Maybe stuff it in a bush next time. Look at you running so hard just after a marathon. You're amazing.

Kate said...

I wouldn't take clothing hanging in a tree, it could have cooties. You never know what people do with their clothes. They could have used it to mop up their puke from drinking too much the night before.

Yuck.

LL. that is why I love Provo, some good sober Samaritan would have sought me out to return it.
And it was one of my Boston jackets......boo.

the lunch lady said...

:'(

(that means I'm sad for you. I have a tear in my eye.)

LuAnn said...

Was this the day I saw you? I saw that jacket. I should have taken it for myself. I just figured it wasn't up for grabs. I'm so ignernt.