Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend update

Well it has been a crazy week, not really, it has been rather boring. Bill completed his first week of work, and so far so good. He likes his firm and his mentors. And thank goodness, the lunch budget at the firm doesn't seem to be hurting despite the economy. I wish the same were true for my work. The u of c would definitely count as the food Nazi, no food for you......or Kleenex, or coffee, or paper towels for the bathroom.....the list goes on. But Bill is happy and excited about the work.
As for me, I ate the same thing for dinner 4 nights in a row.......awesome. I went to the Turkish festival and watched various Turkish dances and my personal favorite the Whirling Dervish! I was kind of disappointed that they didn't whirl more. I think my spiritual journey into perfection would take more than a minute of twirling. They also had a fashion show for traditional Turkish garb. I treated myself to a lamb kabob and it was simply deliciouso. Liz Lemon said it best "I want to go to there". Bill, bar trip to Turkey??? And finally, I down loaded a Regina Spektor cd from itunes, and I've been listening to it all week.
And in other news, the cat has successfully figured out how to open the cupboards as that is what he is doing while I type. Little weasel.
Drummers, can't you tell?
They did some belly dancing moves, it was pretty fun.
More dancing
And more dancing
The Whirling Dervish. Hurrah!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome. I'd love to see the Whirling Dervish in person.

We need to have Bill over sometime. Will you be out for a visit this summer?

Danielle said...

I had a tango teacher from Turkey. (Yep, did you know I can tango?) He said Istanbul is a gorgeous city. Wouldn't mind going there myself.

Kate said...

citymama1- I'll be headed there on June 12th. Can't wait!!

Danielle- I'm impressed you can tango. I'm really good at watching people dance.

Renee said...

Wow, those costumes are awesome. Sound like there's always something going on in the city to entertain you.
I think I missed this somewhere, but are you staying in Chicago for the summer or are you joining Bill in D.C.? Hope to see you in D.C. when we visit...

Kate said...

nope, I'm in Chicago for the summer and taking weekend trips to DC:(