Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Live



Click on this picture for a detailed view (see above)
Since Obama lives just up the street from me, I thought I would post about the madness that is going on here in Chicago, specifically southside. I told Bill to go out and take pictures of the area, and when I looked at the pictures he took, they were mostly of flowers? I have no comment, though he did get the pictures seen above.
  • The road that runs past the Obama mansion is blocked off for 4 blocks each direction.
  • Police everywhere
  • Helicopters have been over the city all day
  • The major roads of Chicago have been closed (Michigan Ave, Lake Shore Dr, etc)
  • Half a million people are on the scene of the Obama party
  • 13,500 police officers are on the scene of the Obama party
We'll see what the rest of the night brings.

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

genital integrity, huh?

didn't even know it was an issue.

if he wins, I don't think you'll see him working-out in your gym again.

people get so pretentious when they become the president.

Barbie Madsen said...

flowers eh? how pretty!! and you didn't post any!?!?!?

fun blog!!

Kate said...

there are no flowers on election day posts. That will have to come another day.

Violet said...

Crazy! I can't even imagine all the people that were pouring in to Chicago.

Did you see Oprah?! :)

Violet