Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good Food Friday


This week I made corn chowder, it wasn't that great. In fact, I threw the rest of it away. Oh well. So to counteract my failure dinner, we decided to check out Greek town. I figure, we might as well experience all that Chicago has to offer. So we headed out and had some delicious gyros and baklava. Oh do I love both of these items! I had to have baklava, because they had it, and I love dessert (can you tell I'm feeling better, and it's okay, because I didn't eat for 3 days this week). Bill had never had this dessert, but I made him try it and he loved it. So my recipe recommendation for this week is to not make your own baklava, but go out and buy it, because you'll be sick when you find out how bad it really is for you and it is quite labor intensive.
Try it, you'll like it!

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I had gyros and bakalava this week too.

of course it was at disney and the airport so it wasn't very good.

but still, great minds think alike!

Renee said...

On our trip to St. George we stopped by The Mad Greek close to Vegas. That was my second time trying baklava and I still didn't like it. I'll have to try the kind you like. I bet it's better when it's fresh. The gyros were great though!

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-dan-syarat-menukarkan-uang-rusak-di-bi