Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My quest for domesticity

I got a flu shot a few weeks ago, but despite I precautionary efforts, I'm still sick. I'm sick with domestisits or craftoidosis (an inflammation of the desire to cook, craft, and other wifey things). It is serious. It all started this summer while we were in Las Vegas and I was desperate for something to do. I signed up for a knitting class. It then spawned into other crafts and here I am, searching for the nearest JoAnn's to satisfy my crafting needs.

Here is a little bag I made to hold my sewing crap.....scissors, needles, thread, seam ripper, etc. I couldn't start any projects until my sewing stuff was contained.
Here is the scarf I learned to knit while in Vegas. Bill thinks it looks christmassy, it isn't, it's gray and red, not green and red. Here is the bag I made, I love it. I'm just going to tell you, just in case you can't tell, it is really cute. It has pleats, cute fabric and nice big pockets. It is also really big. Big bags are in. Wouldn't this have been the perfect size to take on a sleep over back in the day.
Are you wondering why Bill looks so.....solemn? Well I tried to make him model my new bag and he refused. He said modeling my bag would be like me modeling a jock strap. Enough said. I made him model my scarf instead.
My current craft, I'm knitting a beanie for Bill. My first time using circular needles. My quest for domesticity continues.

15 comments:

JoSue said...

Do you have a sewing machine? I feel totally pathetic pertaining to anything domestic now. :)

the lunch lady said...

what an incredibly cute bag!!!!

Melissa said...

The bag looks GREAT!! Good job!

Clare said...

I've been in the same kind of mode except with quilts. Baby blankets mostly. I need more friends to have babies because I have a bit of a stock pile.

chel said...

Wow! You are talented. Unfortunately I think I have the same sickness.

Lehis said...

I have all the supplies and little to show for it. I need that shot! I think my husband would love to see my sewing machine at work.

I also need your address. (Christmas cards and such) Can you send it to me?
blehikoinen@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jobi Niu said...

GOOD JOB!! I want to be domestic. I love your cute bag. I miss you KAte! I was laughing so hard at your comment about The Biggest Loser! I completely agree! I did Aly's hair yesterday and we were talkin abou the good ol' days. We miss you!!

Tyler V said...

Wow, I really need to make a bag like that to contain all my baby stuff--with the 3rd kid "due" soon, I need way more containment space. Plus, its a million times cuter than anything under $50 out there. Did you use a pattern?
Oh, and good job on the scarf. I can't seem to stay motivated to finish knitting projects. it probably doesn't help that I'm slow and I suck at knitting.

Kate said...

Well the pattern I used was by Amy Butler. But don't worry, this purse, unfortunately cost me over $50. I wasn't thinking when I decided to use the designer fabric for the liner too.

Janel said...

Wow, good job! Wish I would be self motivated to do stuff like that! You're great!

Bill said...

No way. Your next poll should be on whether the scarf is green or grey. And it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. It looks pretty green on the grey background of my shirt. Click to enlarge.

Annette said...

Ha! Ha! Your bag is awesome. I could fit so much in that! I think my new crafty need is for baby bracelets for Cambrie. I need to find out a way to do them for free...

Violet said...

Well well...quite the crafy lady! The bag is SUPER cute!! Totally love it...um, but I have to say....the scarf does remind me of Christmas. What?! It's still cute, Christmas-y or not~!

Sara and David said...

Hi Weavers!!!
I love your blog!!! IT is so fun. We are so glad that you are doing great and loving life. I am very impressed with you and all of your new talents!!! Oh, we have entered the blog world here is our site. Take care, Sara and David Brunner
http://brunners4.blogspot.com/

LuAnn said...

Cute scarf!