Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

Happy late Thanksgiving! We had a great thanksgiving this year. Liz and Derek came out from DC for the holiday and we had a great time together, I'm sad they are gone. The festivities started when they arrived on Wednesday night. I finally got to meet the new cat. The funny thing is that I usually hate cats. Cats are so.........sassy and ridiculous. They almost seem to mock their owners, but not this cat. He was adorable. His name is Teddy as in Teddy Roosevelt and I've fallen in love. My mom's cat Pal is pretty great too. Thus, I think I'm going to need to get a cat very soon. Teddy was not only a hit with me and Bill, but the little kids at thanksgiving shook with joy when they saw him (so did I).
Teddy Roosevelt
Bill made the turkey, I made the stuffing and rolls, and Liz made some delicious pumpkin and apple pies. We also had several families over which made Thanksgiving a big success!
We took a trip into the city on black Friday (was it actually a black Friday?), and the city was full of crazies. We had protesters of all sorts scattered around Michigan Ave. Aren't you glad I posted this picture of Derek pointing to the disgusting posters?
We also made it out to the Frank Lloyd Wright neighborhood in Oak Park. There are quite a few houses that he designed in this city, as was his home and studio which we had the opportunity to tour. His house and studio had various statues around including a few of these (see above) they are supposed to be people breaking free of mediocrity, but all I see is Rodin's Thinker.
Here we have Bill and Frank's heads.
Here we are looking at some incredible houses, it was cold.
Here is one of the incredible houses.
And lucky for us, after the tour, we found a Five Guys! We didn't know there were any in Chicagoland. So we had delicious burgers and fries and might be making more trips out to Oak Park in the very near future. In case you were wondering, there is a Five Guys in Sandy and Midvale, UT, and lots in the DC, area. That's why we are moving to DC................okay, maybe not, but it is a nice perk.
And now the holiday is over, everyone is home, and work starts again tomorrow. Bummer.
Can't holiday's last longer?

2 comments:

Kate said...

cool post kate, I love 5 guys, your so great and your post is totally awesome. And the cat.....he is so cute, you deserve an animal.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-dan-syarat-menukarkan-uang-rusak-di-bi