Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm sick

fine, I'll post it. But I'm back at work today, and I even managed to eat breakfast.
I think I've got food poisoning. It totally sucks. I've left work early two days in a row because I thought I could hack it, but I couldn't. Nothing is worse thank taking a day off or two when you can't enjoy it.
Sometimes it is nice to work around doctors. Today I went to work for a couple of hours and my coworkers were convinced that I have the stomach flu. But lucky for us, a doctor was close by and started asking me how many times I pooped. Really awkward. But he confirmed my diagnosis and told me to go home and drink lots of fluids.
So here I am, at home, drinking and drinking (I've got to get over this, I only had 5 hours of sick pay worked up), and watching sleeping through the first traveling pants movie. I know I'm sick because I haven't eaten in 2 days, and I suck at fasting. I even turned down a yummy cookie at work, and I never pass up a good cookie.
What was the culprit? I don't know. It could have been this yummy chicken dip from Treasure Island or could it be.......Chipotle? I sure hope not, but what ever it was, I won't be eating it for a while. Hopefully the Ben & Jerry's in the freezer will settle my stomach.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

So sorry you're sick! I hope it wasn't Chipotle because I love Chipotle... Hope you feel better soon!

the lunch lady said...

I'm sad you're sick.

But I'm happy 'cause I got my birthday present today!

Yay me!

Yay you!

Feel better soon.

steven said...

So Kate, this is Nicole Boyle by the way. And I was reading your post about becoming domesticated--I think we all come to this realization that if we as women are going to lead productive lives outside of our glorious careers, we have to learn that sewing and crafty and kitchen stuff... It's one of those stages of development that Erickson failed to mention. Wierd. Oh yeah and by the way, Lorraine Galvin is my visiting teacher, she and her husband Drew lived by you guys in Chicago. She told me all about your treadmill marathon training, ouch. Steven and I have a blog now too, steamyandcold.blogspot.com. It mostly has pics of the nino. Peace, Nicole

Tyler V said...

Wow, I'm sorry. The stomach flu ripped through our family, except everyone else's lasted 24 hours and mine was 4 days (yet another joy of pregnancy). I hate being sick. I hate using up sick leave (well, I hated it when I had it) and I hate when chocolate doesn't even sound good! That's LAME.
Hope you're already feeling better. Hit the gatorade hard, baby!

Violet said...

Boo on being sick! Feel better soon :(

Annette said...

I'm sorry! That is very crummy. I hope you feel better soon :)