Friday, January 16, 2009

Good Food Friday

It's Good Food Friday, and boy, do I have a treat for you. May I present to you...........
Almond Joy Cupcakes
They are super easy, and oh so good. I made these for a coworkers birthday and they were a huge success.
Ingredients
cake mix
chocolate pudding
cool whip or whipped cream
coconut milk
slivered almonds (optional)
coconut (optional)

So to make:
First, make cup cakes. Then make so chocolate pudding so it can kind of set up. While it is setting up, poke holes in your cup cakes and ladle coconut milk over top of cupcake so that it soaks in (you can use a fork, knife etc. I tried the end of a spatula and it left too big of holes, experiment). Next, lather with chocolate pudding. Then top with cool whip or whipped cream. As a topping to, you toast coconut and sprinkle on top or you could add slivered almonds, or both. I did almonds, they were cheaper.

It was delicious and fat free (not really, but induldge in yourself).
Try it, you'll like it!

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

cupcakes are so cool.

yours look beautiful!

Kate said...

cup cakes are too much work x 2 dozen.
but they were delicious. Too bad my lighting sucks. I was trying to take a picture before I left for work. boo.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I HAVE to try these! We like Almond Joy around here.-

I am having bizarre words for verification today- this one is hyped- like you have hyped up these so much I need to try them. Hope they live up to the HYPE! Have a great week running-

Chelsea and Evan said...

Yum. I am going to have to make those. Kate-I love the running plan. I had to cut off a couple of the last weeks because the marathon is coming too quickly. I wish we could train together.

Violet said...

DELICIOUS! So far, one of my favorites!