Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A post you'll never ever forget

So I got a new cell phone. Do you know why it is wonderful? Because I can take pictures without having to lug around the camera! Now I can take little snapshots where ever I want.
My other bit of news is that the U of C was laying off 1200 people. I was in a bit of a panic. But, to calm your nerves, I'm safe.............for now. But all around the hospital, they are making cuts. Such as, we are not allowed to buy any more coffee, cups/utensils, Kleenex, etc. etc. And then in my search for toilet paper (they seem to be cutting back on that too), I ran into a bathroom yesterday with this sign on the paper towel dispenser. Click to enlarge.
No I don't talk on my cell phone while I am in the bathroom, but it was in my pocket, and I couldn't resist taking this picture. Please note there wasn't anyone else in the bathroom.
And to finish off this post, I thought I would post the furniture that currently occupies my new office (remodeling hasn't begun yet, nor will it for many months, thanks failing economy). So here is proof that are department has and will be moved into the psych ward - the bed with shackles. There were other pieces of furniture that I thought about taking pictures of that were in parts of the floor that haven't been remodeled yet, but they creeped me out too much to hold the camera/phone still.
Oh yeah, and I made really yummy cinnamon rolls last night.
The End.

9 comments:

Violet said...

*shivers* That picture really creeps me out! :(

Paige said...

Ugh that is weird.

the lunch lady said...

Nice. Further evidence of the far reaching hand of a failing economy. No paper towels.

(Sure glad I'm not a psych patient. Yet.)

Erin said...

shnikes what is the world coming to? No hand towels..next thing you know it'll be b.y.o.t.p (bring your own toilet paper).

Do you ever nap on the crazy-people bed in your office?

Renee said...

Oops, I made that request before I saw that you had already made a post about work.
I'm excited for more covert pictures from your cell phone.

Kate said...

Cotton-headed-ninny-muggins-
As much as I would love to tell you all about people at work, I had better not, 49% of a lawyer Bill says it is not a good idea. I believe him. But I will tell you, there is a crazy person here (and that person isn't in the psych ward.......yet).

And no I don't tell my co-workers about my blog, and I won't post a link to my blog on facebook since lots of my coworkers are on facebook. Hopefully I will have more pictures though.

Citymama-
I don't touch anything for the psych ward. Crazy stuff happened up there (excuse the pun). Definitely in need of a little feng shui.

Tyler V said...

Seriously, the electric hand dryer? Don't they know how much time those things take? it's going to majorly cut into productivity.
You could make me some yummy cinnamon rolls, too, if you wanted.

Lehis said...

I will never forget that creepy bed... seriously. How do you not have nightmares?
BTW - Your Christmas card was Aaron's (my husbands) favorite. It was true Weaver fasion. Loved it!! He said I was a mean wife for not letting him do something like it. He's right. I'm totally mean.

Nanette said...

I'm glad you are safe, and they have a place to put you when you go crazy