Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a New Years Miracle

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to announce the winner of the 2008 Fantasy Football Oaks Society league.....................Bill!!!!!
Chicago Bears Table Lamp
After managing 3 leagues and finishing second in the first 2, Bill has finally won! What a champ! As a trophy for his fantasy football efforts, I bought him this lovely Chicago Bears lamp to commemorate his triumph (not really). Congratulations, Provo Polygamists. You've earned it. Bill had the best record in the regular reason (which he also had last year, but he lost in the championship), he did a great draft, kept up on all his players, and he even traded the #1 running back for the #4 quarterback in week 10. How did that trade work out? The running back fell off the deep end and stunk for the rest of the season (Clinton Portis), while the quarterback (Drew Brees) went on to become the #1 points scorer in fantasy football. Booya! My husband's a champ.

Provo Polygamist Team Logo:

5 comments:

KSK said...

OH my gosh Kate I miss you. You are so funny. I love to read your blogs.

Clark said...

Congrats Bill, being the person on the other end of the aforementioned trade. You deserved it this year man! Your the best league manager I have ever had! Until next year.

And Kate, good luck with training. You are so dedicated. I'll make you a deal. For every mile you run, I will watch TV for one hour. So, please run!

Kate said...

clark, your wish is my command.

LuAnn said...

Oh I'm glad you didn't really buy that lamp. But I really thought you did until I read the following sentance.

Anonymous said...

I should have won. I was peaking at the right time too. FYI - my point totals for the last 4 or 5 weeks were higher; and if Westbrook hadn't decided to be gay for a week, I would have played you in the championship game and won. Peace out.